Wednesday, September 3, 2008

This past weekend we took off and headed to Lake Powell! It was so much fun, I haven't been down there for 3 years and Sharlene has only been there once before so it was great to go down there and have as much fun as possible in two days. We were planning on going down Friday night and not coming back till Monday afternoon but due to the high school dance and some "fun" weather we ended up going down Saturday morning and coming back Sunday night. It was all good though we had a great time! We went with my dad, Taylor and Conner and we camped up forgotten canyon right by the old Anasazi ruins.

The first day was perfect, nice and sunny and hot with a little breeze, it was wonderful. Then that night a fun little storm rolled in and the wind blew and it rained all night on us, not a big deal if we would have been on a house boat but since we were camped on the beach it was a little more adventurous:) We realized the next day when hiking and exploring the ruins that we should have slept in the old rock houses instead of our weak sauce tents, we would have been warm and dry all night long! Oh well that's the kind of stuff that makes the trips memorable:)

I can't believe how sore I am from this trip, it seems like I used to be able to ski, wakeboard, tube, cliff jump, hike, and run around for a whole week and never feel any after effects. Now it's been 3 days since we've been home and my back is still killing me! Not to mention the sunburn, apparantly when your skin hasn't seen the sun in like 7 years and then you overdose in one day it's not the best combination. I would post a picture of my awesome bright red chest but I'm sure nobody wants to see that so I'll post this picture instead so you get the idea...
All in all it was a great trip, we had tons of fun and it was a great chance to spend time with the fam. We are excited to go again next summer, this time we will definately try the houseboat option and I am definately going to try and get some sun BEFORE we get there!

Here are some other pics of the fun stuff we did down there...
One of our favorite activities was climbing up a cliff and rolling huge rocks into the water, then when we were done...


We jumped in! This is Sharlene jumping off her first cliff!

This is my favorite pic from the trip, me and Taylor splashing in and Conner right behind us but he looks like he is walking on water:)

Evidence that I actually jumped off a cliff too:)

That's about all for now, I have officially posted my first of many posts. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like a great trip. I feel like I am learning more about you two. Thanks for sharing.

alison said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog. That's awesome. You can share your cleanse with us. Also, what the heck are you doing awake at 5:45 am? Only people with babies are up at that hour!

peterson said...

I am so glad that I found your blog. Its to bad that you had to come home early, but anytime that you can have at lake powell is great!!

OneBrilliantGirl said...

Hey, so this is a graet post, I bet you typed it up in about two minutes, huh? :) Keep em' coming, and great photos, by the way. HOpefully we'll be joinin you on the hoseboat next year.

Jennie said...

So fun to see you and Charlene with a blog! Look how us cousins are all checking things out. I love it! Such a fabulous way to keep in touch! By the way, we'll count you in on our trip to Havasu falls next spring:)